We’re all trying to do our part to reduce our environmental footprint. Throughout our daily routines we reduce, reuse and recycle. We carpool and idle less. We make the choice for energy efficient appliances and turn off the lights when we are not in a room.
Going green is not just a phrase, it is a way of life many people are consciously trying to live.
Did you know a modular built home offers, by its very nature, a more green construction process, plus enhanced energy efficiency?
Your New Green Home: How Choosing a Modular Home Build is the Green Option
The average waste for a new 2,000 square foot site built home is 8,000 pounds or 50 cubic yards. According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Centre. While waste from a site built home typically goes in a landfill, waste from a Freeport modular home is recycled.
In addition, Modular Construction offers inherent green principles, including:
- All surplus material in a factory can be recycled
- Modular homes can be built with the use of sustainable, natural and non-toxic materials to achieve a low-impact green home.
- Shorter construction schedules with a modular home mean less disturbance, fewer construction pollutants and reduced on-site deliveries
- Our modular homes include improved insulation, advanced windows and tightly sealed ducts
- Building in a factory controlled environment eliminates the possibility of weather-related damage, including mold damage from wet lumber. This helps ensure better air quality.
If you are looking for a new home and would like to reduce waste, increase your energy efficiency and, as a result, save money, a modular built home may be the right home building method for you.
Once complete, a modular home is indistinguishable from a site-built home.
Your new, green home will be complete in less time, too.
Contact Us For More Information on Custom-Built Modular Home Construction